Updated 12 June 2023
With stunning lush scenery, crystal clear waters and gorgeous palm-fringed beaches, it is not surprising that the island was awarded the ‘Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination’ by the World Travel Awards, in 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
In Saint Lucia, the options for romance are endless and unique. For example, a romantic candlelight dinner at the foot of a Piton, cannot be recreated anywhere else on earth.
Saint Lucia offers couples the freedom to have their wedding just the way they want it. Whilst the traditional church wedding service is always popular, there are a number of unique locations on island where you can say ‘I do’. You can marry by a stunning waterfall, on a gorgeous beach, in a beautiful botanical garden, on a private yacht or in an elegant plantation house, there are several options available
It is easy to get married in Saint Lucia. All you need to bring is the following documentation:
• Birth Certificate
• Decree Absolute (if one of the parties is divorced)
• In the case of a widow/widower a Death Certificate of first spouse is required
• If a name has been changed, a Deed Poll is required
• If one of the parties is under the age of 18, evidence of a consent of parents is required in the form of a sworn affidavit stamped by a Notary Public
Saint Lucia has a No Residency Policy which means you can arrive on the island for a day can be married within hours. The license fees are as follows:
• US $ 335 if you are staying on island for 3 days or more
• US $ 540 for a SPECIAL LICENSE if you will be on island for less than 24 hours.
An application to be married in Saint Lucia must be made by a local solicitor to the Attorney General or notary who prepares and signs the license.